Nutritional Medicine involves a range of areas including:
A holistic model of medicine aimed at balancing core functional processes in the body such as cellular metabolism, digestive function, hormonal balance, detoxification and control of oxidative stress.
Nutritional and Environmental Medicine
Concerned with the interaction of nutritional and environmental factors with human biochemistry and physiology, and the resulting physiological and psychological symptoms and pathology. Treatment is aimed at correcting underlying causes as well as providing symptomatic relief.
The application of medical, behavioural, motivational and environmental principles to the management of lifestyle related health problems in a clinical setting, including self-care and self management. (Read more here)
Conditions treated by Nutritional Medicine:
- Autoimmune conditions including inflammatory arthritis, thyroid disease, ect
- Hormonal issues including menstrual disorders, menopause symptoms, PCOS
- Irritable bowel syndrome, leaky gut and intestinal dysbiosis
- Mental Health Conditions: Jen is a Bio-balance practitioner and can assess and manage health problems using individualised complementary nutritional supplement programs aimed at balancing the patient’s body chemistry. For more information please see the Bio-Balance website.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome, adrenal fatigue and related issues
- Ischaemic heart disease, high blood pressure and high cholesterol
- Hidden infections including gastrointestinal infections, chronic viral illnesses, suspected
- Lyme disease
- Weight management
Please note South Coast Sports Medicine does NOT provide the following:
- Long term antibiotic treatment
- Intravenous vitamin therapy
- Chelation therapy
- Bioidentical hormone treatment
No Referral is required to see Doctor Jen Graham-Taylor